Monday, October 27, 2008

It's amazing how much someone can change in five years. It seems like just yesterday... Five years ago, I was working as a dedicated employee in a career I loved (in the public sector), had two teenagers and a large (and messy) home. Fast forward five years and I now have four children, am a stay-at-home mom and a smaller home that I keep cleaner (notice, I didn't say 'clean.') I made huge life-changing decisions that have hugely impacted my life (to the better) and have spent more time with my family (and extended family.) If someone were to have told me (five years ago) that I'd be in this position I am right now, I'd would have laughed at them. I really loved my career and those coworkers with whom I had worked with for...12 plus years. Sure, I'm a lot poorer than I was at that time, but I have learned that money isn't everything. It's amazing that with the addition of my last two children, I have gained many more friends and I continue to learn so much from them. I'm truly happy at this stage in my life.

No comments: