Sunday, November 08, 2009

Just Went Camping...

...I think I'd much rather go camping and drive scenic drives than go to an adventure type place like Disney World. We had an awesome time and I think that this is the best time to enjoy the great views and awesome changing of the leaves.

This tree was right outside our tent. I love how there are at least three colors in the leaves and how well they look together. It was so peaceful watching the leaves fall.
Photobucket

Throughout the year, I try to remember how it sounds as the water flows past and the sounds of the night. Each time I return, I am amazed at how much I forgot and how wonderful the sounds are.
Photobucket

Nearby falls.
Photobucket

Me at the bottom of a hill. I look forward to hiking the trails in the National Forest where we camp. We have returned to the Ouachita Mountains for many years now.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

More trees. I just love looking up at them.
Photobucket

My little one does too.
Photobucket

The one lane roads are tricky to drive...especially with all the switchbacks.
Photobucket

We just love the water... I found this place when I looked on the map for the nearest area to camp that had mountains and water where there weren't a lot of people. We happened upon this particular camping park and, even though I've looked elsewhere, I haven't found anyplace I enjoy more. It's not too far from home...about 6 or 7 hours.
Photobucket

This is right behind our tent/camp area.
Photobucket

Hunting for rocks.
Photobucket

Another hike. This is near the top of a hill looking down.
Photobucket

'My happy place.'
Photobucket

This is the life!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

gosh how GORGEOUS .you look lovely and serene and so do the boys. I am so impressed - i think i may take a plunge myself next spring