Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A half a year later...

It's amazing how my life has changed in the last six months! From suspecting cancer before Christmas to almost the end of chemo next week. I've finished Taxol and have one more A/C (Adriamycin Cytoxan) infusion. It's been a long lonely journey. I can't wait to be able to go to movies again and I've missed not going to the school when my kids have something going on. I miss my stamina and can't wait to be able to walk for more than 10 minutes without having to stop and rest. I can't wait for the neuropathy on my fingers and feet to go away because I miss being able to pick things up or open stuff. I miss my fingernails and toenails and how they used to look. While my fingernails aren't too bad, my toenails are dark/black and the nails have started coming up. I miss my old life...

This is a pic of one hand a couple of months ago (I have trouble pushing the button and holding the phone at the same time so I haven't taken recent pics of them.) In fact, I find that the buttons on the remotes of the tv and car keys are the most painful things during the day.
 photo 37e86c75-3ae5-4aa4-8f05-b97b7570fefb_zps6njcvsfb.jpg

ok....enough whining...

In other news, my granddaughter has healed well from her first hand/feet surgery and will be having another one next week. She has three fingers and a thumb now...and will soon have a fourth finger on each hand! My daughter will walk to my house a few times during the week and then borrow my bike with the kid seat on it and then go bike riding. I love seeing them, especially Olivia.
 photo 42eb846e-3130-4f2a-9b9a-a858bf9878a9_zpsc8xsxmee.jpg

And my boys have gone to spend some time at the farm with my SIL. School is out and they're having fun and it's good to get away from home sometimes. A couple weeks ago, we visited a friend who had this awesome magnolia tree in their yard so I took a pic of them. Yeah....I'm missing them!
 photo d81e3ff3-6055-43f0-951e-8129617b21d3_zpsrvxq50cr.jpg

No comments: