Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Seventeen years ago today, my mother died. I miss her. I wonder what she'd look like now, what she'd think about me... I often think about what she sounded like...I miss the sound of her voice and the way she calmed me in times of stress. When I smell Chanel #5, I think of her, as it was her favorite scent.

She left the world too quickly, as her murder was quick and she was in no pain...Just as her murderer left the world when he was executed years later. I used to wonder why? I don't anymore as I'm sure there is a reason for everything.

There are some days when I really really miss her. I'd like to think that she knows she was a great mother...taught me to be independent, have good character, and be able to prioritize the things and people in my life. Not everyone has someone they miss so dearly, I am blessed to have had her for as little time as possible. She was a great influence in my life, and what she taught me still influences me. I'd like to live up to be as great a mom as she was.

I love you Mom.

No comments: