Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I love tomato plants! I don't necessarily like to eat tomatoes, love them cooked, but am just starting to like tomatoes themselves. I love, love, love the smell of the plants (and tomatoes as they grow.) This year, I mentioned something to my husband who was so nice to plant some for me. We spent a few hours planting them: finding pebbles for the bottom of the pots, then he put a layer of sand, then a layer of a special dirt, a garden mix. My husband has a special kind of dirt that he uses for all his plants. As he shoveled some to use for the pots, it was full of huge worms (which means it's really great dirt!) I am so grateful for him to spend so much time on a simple request. If we get lots of tomatoes, he can use them to trade for haircuts as his barber loves tomatoes too. In the past, he's bartered haircuts for vegetables. Now that both he and my preschooler get haircuts at the same place, it's a great idea! And I don't have to walk far to enjoy the great smell that I love so much. It was a great family project that we all enjoyed.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lots of worms!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

Your husband sounds soooo awesome
You guys have been married 20 years now - right
You should do a post on marriage tips

robin said...

LOL! We'll be celebrating our 25th anniversary this coming August.