Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let's Make Blueberry Pie! exclaims my preschooler!

Photobucket

He picked a handful of dewberries (similar to blackberries) outside on the fenceline and wanted to know how to make a blueberry pie! On the way back in the house, I was making conversation and I told him he needed berries, sugar, and a little flour. A little while later, I noticed him crawling up on the counter and a few minutes later realized he had the flour out. I told him he needed a WHOLE LOT more berries to make it.

And then, I went and put the baby down for a nap.

When I returned several minutes later, he told me that that he made blueberry pie (with a big proud smile) and then opened the oven to show me. Fortunately, he doesn't know how to turn it on and I don't plan on teaching him, lol! I noticed a pan in the sink he used to mix everything up in. I reached in the oven and took out this pan and...it's his pie...full of flour, bread and a few berries.

Photobucket

I loved making mud pies as a kid. I encouraged my daughters when they were young to be creative and they made 'potions' out of food and sauces. I guess this line of thinking has spilled over onto him as well. I hope so.

2 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

oMG he is sooooo smart .. and creative

Nancy said...

Oh My! What a determined little guy he is! I think his "blueberry pie" looks ummmmmm.... scrumptious.. lol