Friday, January 27, 2012

Waiting in line -

I have to drive my kiddos back and forth to school every day (and they get out at different times.) so I do a lot of waiting in the car pool line. One part I look forward to is the quietness, that is, if I'm alone. I have read more books in this last year than I have ever before. And so I sit. I have my book, my drink, and my reading glasses. Nowadays, I can't go anywhere (or read anything) without them! As I allow a little breeze blow through my car door windows and hear little voices in the foreground, I am reminded that time passes in a blink of an eye. These kids (like my older ones who have already grown up) will be growing up way too fast.

4 comments:

Mike said...

How true!

Unknown said...

So true and bittersweet. I love seeing who they will become.

Floortime Lite Mama said...

so very very true

Anonymous said...

Nice that you get those quiet moments to yourself! So true. I was just thinking this morning that I'm glad I got to enjoy so much of Colton's "toddlerhood" before this baby comes. I was in such a fog after Colton that I feel like I lost a year of Daniel. I guess I'm scared of that happening again. And you're right, it goes so fast!