Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Only boys left -

My youngest daughter, who is 21, moved out of our home a few weeks ago into her own apartment. She had been dreaming about it for a long time and, truth be told, so had we! I had visions of how to repaint and redecorate her room! We at one time thought about moving one of our sons into her bedroom (as it's a large sized one.) Right now, our younger son is in a room that size (along with most of their toys) and our older son has a very small room. But...as the idea progressed into a plan and then we were told of the date she'd leave, we thought we'd leave everything ...as is. We're just going to leave it empty a little while...you never know.

I miss her. I don't miss certain things about her behavior or attitude but I bet most moms feel that way about each of their kiddos. I miss her presence. It was nice knowing that someone else was around in case I needed to leave in the middle of the night (very rare) or to sign for a package (around holiday season.) She is the kind of kid who is very private, doesn't ask for much and wants to be independent (to a point.) She is great at telling you how it is (without being politically correct.) There were times I wish I were as brave so that I could say what I was feeling instead of what I thought I 'should' say (to whomever.) I love that she will discover how much it costs to buy dishwashing or washing detergent, how much difference it makes to reduce (or raise) the temperature in your place, or how difficult it is to shop/cook/eat for one. I long to have the relationship with her where I'm not being the nagging mom but rather where we can communicate as adults who like and appreciate each other.

I searched in my latest pictures from my camera for a recent picture of her. She tends to shy away from the camera or refuse to be photographed. But she will post pics on her own FB page (that passes her test, I guess.) So, I snatched a couple to post.

Here's to new beginnings!

Photobucket

And, of course, one of those new apartments everyone seems to have at least once in their lives.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Þorgerður said...

She is lovely...I hope that you both adjust well to the new housing arrangement. It is a hard change.
I am so dreading it when my daughter leaves.But that is the way it is supposed to be so...

Floortime Lite Mama said...

she is STUNNING
and I bet your hands are still full with two yound boys
Robin how do you stay so calm and unruffled through it all

Floortime Lite Mama said...

through it all - I meant - raising two small children - never seems to hassle you at all ( and your hubby travels too )