Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Tasty, Funny and Sweet: Pictures

Tasty
One of my favorite smells in the world: ground beef being cooked with onions and green peppers! I used to love coming home from school and watching my mom cook dinner and to smell the aroma of this combination! I found something I can make that is kinda good. My cooking skills have a lot to be desired but I went to a friend's house on New Years Day and she made a black eyed pea casserole which was delicious. It has cheese, rice, rotel tomatoes, ground beef, lots of tasty things...even the black eyed peas I don't particularly care for but you can't taste them much. Each New Years Day, she does what her late mother used to do: make black eyed peas, cabbage rolls and invite all her friends over to eat. If I'm in town, I go by there, eat a little and enjoy the great company. She used to be my supervisor when I worked (before resigning to have my 'lil ones) and I look forward to visiting with Katie each year if I'm in town on that holiday. I asked for the recipe and made it at home. Since my family loved it, I decided to make it for a friend (she's out of town a lot going back and forth for chemo.) As it turns out, they loved it too so and asked for the recipe as well...so I passed it on.

Photobucket

Funny
I was walking through the kitchen of my daughter's boyfriend's house (the daughter who had a baby recently.) I glanced at the refrigerator and noticed her shopping list. I just love smartphones with cameras! LOL!

Photobucket


Sweet
One morning, my older son went to wake up his younger brother. He came back into the kitchen and told me to hurry - I had to see something, which I did! I saw my preschooler's "birdie" sleeping soundly on his ear. This little birdie is actually a pencil topper but he loves carrying it around because it's small and squishy. I thought it was definitely a kodak moment. Each night, he sleeps with his monkey, a velveteen rabbit sort of stuffed animal and, at times, something else. Sometimes, though, 'birdie' falls down from his bed in the dark and he has a difficult time finding him (and calls for assistance, lol!) Luckily, that doesn't happen too often. I still smile as I glance at the picture. (And, for the record, it was sleeping 'on' the ear and never goes 'in' it...just sayin.')

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sweet. I love the birdie on the ear. Great post.