Thursday, January 20, 2011

Conversations...

We went to a meeting today, or rather, we brought our toddler to an interview. He will be three in a few months and next year, we wanted to put him in a 3 year old program that his brother attended (and still attends as a kindergartener.) They have a 3 and a 5 day program (I just want the 3 day one because I don't want to 'let go' yet...and it's only half a day.) I guess he did ok...I don't know but I'm sure he did.

While waiting with the other parents, I spoke to one mom. At one point, my hubby mentioned that he works offshore and that he is home for 14 days and then gone for 14 days. This was in response to being able to volunteer at the school with our kindergartener. Of course, we joke that appliances decide to break or we get sick while he's at work. Then, the mom mentioned that her husband own a place and works from 5am until 10pm 7 days a week (he was a strength trainer or something like that in a gym, I think.) I felt really sad to think that, while he is a good provider for his family, he isn't there as life passes him by missing the little things that make life good. I wanted to just give her a hug but seeing as she was a complete stranger, lol, I decided to nod, smile (as my southern hospitality manners came out) and say something positive.

I love my husband and his work schedule. Even though we miss a lot while he's gone, we love the time with him when he's home. It's been this way for a really long time (since before we were married) and I still enjoy it. He's gone long enough to miss him and not home long enough to get sick of him...perfect!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

With you!
I love my husband being home enjoying us.
xoxo

Rachel said...

I already feel like I miss my husband so much - it would be rough to work those crazy hours!

Floortime Lite Mama said...

awww that is sooo sweet