Monday, June 07, 2010

Bike riding

Yesterday was the first day that my preschooler and I went bikeriding together on our own bikes (without training wheels.) My toddler was in the front bike seat watching everything as well. Last year, he started riding his bike without training wheels (he had been riding with only one wheel after the other one broke for a long time.) He seemed interested in riding so I got my bike out, pumped more air in the tires, and off we went! He was really good at listening and staying on the right side of the road. His little bike is small but perfect for beginners and he feels confident enough now to even try a few tricks. He was so cute standing up as he pedaled when he was going fast. It's hard to imagine he's five years old already. It was so enjoyable and there was little traffic so I asked if he wanted to go further (to a nearby park where there was a little trail) and he was excited. By the time we got there, we were sweaty and took advantage of the mushroom looking thing that sprays water down as we rode our bikes through the water making us a little less hot. We had a great time and he is going to want to even more often now (I just wish it weren't SO humid because it makes the hot weather seem so much hotter...but that's summer here.) Today, we went and bought bike helmets (we couldn't fine his yesterday) and now all three of us have them.

3 comments:

Mike said...

What? No pics? What gives? :)

Floortime Lite Mama said...

I agree with Mike - ME WANT PIX tooo!!!
sounds just lovely

Lisa said...

I'm with Mike and K, Sorry Robin!

Sounds like you had a blast, you are such a good Mommy.