Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Weaning...

I'm in the process of weaning my toddler. I didn't really plan on it per se, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of not having to be home at naptime and each night all night with him. It's just happening without any planning so I'm going with it...because it seems he's more ready for it than I am. Anyway, I've been trying to fill up his tummy especially around lunch and dinner to compensate for what he's missing. It's difficult actually to do that since he has such a limited variety of food that he really likes. He loves soups but only the creamy white kind (potato or new england clam chowder.) However, with that being said, it's just the soup he likes, not, for example, the potatoes or clams. So....I will usually try to remove those bigger chunks from his soup when possible. Today, we went to a Red Lobster for that reason (soup for him right before lunch.) We went to visit MIL at her ALF and it's situated right behind the restaurant. Messy indeed! I should have kept my camera in my purse to take a picture...soup was everywhere! I forgot his spoon at home so he tried to use the oversized one they had. And this cute kid that fell asleep in the car seat on the way home (full, content and with a soup soaked shirt) was simply precious!

3 comments:

JAMR said...

It's a bittersweet time for mom when they wean, isn't it? How cute that he fell asleep in his car seat. :) I love when they do that.

Floortime Lite Mama said...

what a sweetie
- Weaning is sooo bittersweet isnt it

Rachel said...

I can't tell you how many times I've wished for a camera to capture those moments!

Weaning was hard for me... I was not ready to let go of feeling "needed". The kiddo beat me to it!