Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another Perspective

While I was putting my preschooler to bed last night, my toddler decided to do this! Apparently, he decided to go into our pantry, take out our baking soda nad pour it everywhere!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Of course, I should have cleaned it up immediately. But, instead, shortly thereafter, I laid down with said toddler and fell asleep. Needless to say, the mess was still awaiting me in the morning. But, during the night, my hubby received one of these pics I had taken before we went to sleep (he is at work for a couple weeks at a time and I like to send pics to him.)

Thinking he'd find it a little funny and irritating as I did, he had a totally different perspective. He said, "Looks like he just made an opportunity to help clean. SEE I CAN CLEAN UP!" What an interesting thought...

At least my toddler tried, lol!, because I didn't even consider it until mid-morning.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG-These are the times when something like this happens to me I break out into hysterical laughter to disguise my wanting to break into a hysterical crying fit.

Look at his little finger pointing at the chair as if to tell you, "see, I even got the chair!"

Robin this is way too funny, and if I lived closer I would high-five him for making me laugh, then I would help you clean-up for you getting mad at me for encouraging him!

Hugs,
Lisa

Floortime Lite Mama said...

awwwwwww sooo cute he is .. man that must have been hard to clean though

Lisa said...

Had to come back for a second look,
Soooo Awesome, I'm laughing again!

robin said...

LOL! It was difficult to keep a straight face....instead of 'losing it,' I just grabbed the camera. He just kinda hustled in his attempt to clean so I didn't scold him. He was kinda precious throughout it though...

Mike said...

Way too cute Rob. lol

JAMR said...

I love the look on his face! That's awesome, I hope it wasn't too difficult to clean up!

iMother2.0 said...

sweetness!

this morning, i woke up to my pre-schooler's face covered in chocolate...she'd 'sneaked up' on the ovaltine, dropped it and licked it off the floor.

i could only look at it all and smile.

Rachel said...

Oh no! It's one of those photo-worthy moments that you can show your son someday when he becomes a parent and wonders where his kids get all these brilliang (messy) ideas! :)

I hear that baking soda is great for cleaning... so I'm with your hubs on that one, ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Oh. my. goodness! lol! I just don't know what to say!! =D