Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bathtub woes... Yesterday afternoon, my preschooler decided he was stinky and wanted a bath. It sounded good to me although he wasn't really stinky. He played and played in there, loving it! I was getting hungry and popped out for just a minute to get a handful of peanuts. You know that feeling when you get when you hear something that you picture happening but know it can't possibly be happening. Well, I hear sounds of water being dumped. It wasn't a normal bathtub sound. As I walk toward the bathroom, I am continuing to try to picture what was happening. Lo and behold, as I get there, this precious boy is pouring huge cups of water onto the floor over and over. The entire floor is covered in water at least an inch high. How could SO much water be thrown out in so little time! Ugh!!!! I grab him out of the bathtub and put him in the hall in his time out place with a towel as I try to soak up the water as quickly as possible. In hindsight, I amaze myself in how composed I was when I handled my little water-thrower. It took all the towels I had to soak it all up. I had to move everything around, dry off what was on the floor, pick up the soaked rugs.... I remembered the big smile he had on his face when I initially went in there, probably proud of his accomplishment. After all the water was picked up and everything was back in it's place, I allowed him to get out of his time-out. When asking him why he did it, he said it was because he was done! (I had just gone out of there to get my peanuts after asking if he were done, he had said he wasn't.) But then, what should I expect from a 3 year old. Next time, I'll bring my snack in there with me. I reassured him that he can throw water out when he's outside in his pool, not in the bathtub....ever again!!!

No comments: