Monday, May 09, 2011

Life as a rose bush...

Photobucket

I took this pic last week in our backyard. It's not an especially nice looking rose bush, but I thought it was interesting in that the roses reflected those people in my life. Seeing those roses that have lived, were vibrant and long-lasting and then died reminded me of Mother's Day and that they was like my own mom (and dad and those who are no longer around.) And then there are those that were in full bloom that were like the people I depend on and talk to on a weekly basis like my husband, brother, sister-in-law and my close friends. Some were getting ready to bloom, perhaps like my own daughters trying to find their own place in the world. And, finally,those not yet blossoming, like my sons or acquaintances who will eventually become friends. It resembled life and how life goes on....letting you keep memories alive in your heart after your loved one pass on, loving and living in the 'now, as well as seeing new life on the horizon.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

What a sweet way to see it.

Great capture!

Lisa said...

Well said.