Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Left Out

 photo P1100261_zps6d2672bb.jpg

My kiddo has been having some issues lately...he just doesn't fit in with his friends. He is 'into' cowboy and military stuff and his friends...aren't. He has been acting out. When I spoke with him this evening, he described how he felt. He said it felt like everybody (his friends) were in a pile of awesomeness and he was in a pile of poop. He has some friends who just don't listen to him (and/or interrupt) and sometimes, his eyes water at school and it really embarrasses him. Wanting to be one of the cool kids has always been every kid's desire, I guess. Third grade is difficult and being in the same school with the same kids for years makes certain changes impossible. I'm going to put him in some other activities that involve other kids. He needs more positive outlets and to be away from negative influences. Just feels sad to see your kiddo feel so sad and left out. Here's to a new beginning...

I took this picture a couple of days ago at a birthday party while waiting for his brother to finish jumping on the bounce thing. I thought to myself at the time (before realizing that my kiddo actually felt left out with his friends at school etc) that he seemed out of place. Or maybe he was just dreaming of being a cowboy. :)

1 comment:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

he is such a lovely child - so sweet and unusual
Very insightful too
Hope he find his groove or gets comfortable with being his own unique self