Monday, January 06, 2014

It's been a year...grandbaby's one!

How stressful this past year has been! Looking back, it could have been so much worse! I was in a totally different place a year ago, grieving and trudging through each day, kinda feeling sorry for myself and hurting for my daughter. Now, I am more proactive, don't feel alone in the Apert Syndrome community and know there's a bright and wonderful future ahead! We are incredibly blessed by having so few issues with our granddaughter! Our older daughter and her boyfriend take the best care of Olivia and she's thriving! We are supposed to be having surgeries coming up but are still trying to work out insurance issues. Hopefully, they'll be fixed within a few months. A one year party was celebrated a couple of weeks ago and Olivia fell asleep half way through it. I was able to get a couple of decent pictures though.

 photo P1100554_zps3890b6da.jpg

And this is a great picture of Olivia and my youngest daughter (who always hides from the camera!) It's awesome I got both of them smiling at once!

 photo P1100549_zps58975752.jpg