Monday, December 21, 2009

A trip out of town

My kiddos and I went to my SILs house over the weekend. It was a gathering to celebrate her birthday as well as her daughter's college graduation. It was two and a half hours away so I needed to time it just right in order to have a safe stressfree ride there (and back.)

So, I left right after lunch hoping they would take a nap. For the first hour, they didn't so I stopped at a mall along the way to get them even more tired. We also listened to music in the car too. I've been listening to a station lately of current pop music instead of 80s type music. At one point, I noticed my preschooler singing along with a song. It was a song about fireflies, I think, and I didn't even know the words. I have no idea who sings it or what the words are...I find it amazing that he can hear it and remember the words so well.

We enjoyed the gathering and, aside from the long trip back with the toddler unhappy about a third of the time, it went off without a hitch. It was really nice to see other relatives I hadn't seen in a long time. While I don't usually go on these kind of trips without additional support (another adult to help out), it's nice to get out of town and see different scenery.

No comments: