Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Workout partner

I got a call from a friend whose workout partner couldn't go walking with her and she wanted to know if I were interested in going walking with her. I said sure. It was at a place I hadn't been before but was curious as to what kind of path it was (and walking with someone always makes the time go faster!) She picked me up and we went to the place. Interestingly enough, she carried a little pouch which contained her necessities including her handgun (she has a permit) just in case. Um....ok. There were lots of other people walking, jogging or biking there as the route was 2 miles long. We walked it three times in an hour and forty-five minutes. I'd never done that before and was apprehensive about how I'd feel later on in the day. But....it wasn't too bad. It was definitely not something I could do daily but it's a good challenge once in a while. She called the next day and we'll go again on Sunday (her other partner doesn't want to do the whole six miles) so I'm looking forward to it. Now, if I can just stay away from the chocolate, I might actually lose a little weight, lol!

3 comments:

JAMR said...

Been meaning to get out and walk and run, too. I'm glad you did! You have now inspired me to get off my duff and just do it!

Floortime Lite Mama said...

I walk a mile everyday no matter what and I really really need to do longer on it
Thanks for the reminder

Lisa said...

Wow I think it would be awesome to have a walking partner you could motivate eachother....your partner seems to better than anyone you could hope for, she carries a weapon and could protect you(:

Have a great week Robin.